Baseball, Saco Bay Babe Ruth
Registration: February 28th, 2020 through May 1st, 2020. Please sign up using the activity line below.
Registration Fee: $110.00
Season: Runs from May – July. Games are typically held on weekdays, with the occasional Saturday.
Residents of Saco, Old Orchard Beach, Dayton, Biddeford, and Arundel play for this league.
You must be age 13 by May 1st to be eligible to play Saco Bay Babe Ruth.
Evaluations will be scheduled at a later date and announced on the Saco Parks and Recreation website.
If you are interested in being a Manager or Coach for your son's team, please indicate that when registering.
Registration Process for Evaluations
Register for evaluations online using the activity options below.
• We will be collecting a fee for evaluations; this amount is larger this season to reduce the amount of payments parents need to make during the season.
• When you check out, a deposit of 50% of the team fee will be due - this is the evaluation fee.
• If your child makes a team, this fee is applied directly to the team fee (it is not in addition to the fee).
• If your child does not make a team, this fee will be refunded in full.
• No refunds will be available for anyone who makes a team but quits after teams are announced.
• Pre-registration is REQUIRED. Participation of a non-registered attendee is at the discretion of the Saco Parks and Recreation Department and will be based on the total number of remaining spots at evaluations. Following evaluations, adding participants will be at the discretion of the department.
Evaluations and Cuts
Evaluations for some advanced programs such as Babe Ruth are held to determine that the participants meet a minimum qualification to participate in that activity. Cuts will be made if the number of players outnumbers the available positions in an activity. These minimum and maximum numbers must be advertised on all informational handouts, email newsletters and website advertising. Only those meeting age or grade guidelines will be allowed to tryout. If there are not enough players to run the program the Saco Parks and Recreation Department may choose to open up tryouts to other ages or grades depending on the governing body these activities play under. Non-residents who have made a team will be grandfathered as a resident for cutting purposes in future consecutive years.
The cutting of participants will follow this order:
1. Resident or Non-resident not able to safely train or compete in an activity causing a danger to themselves or others.
2. Non-Saco resident: non-residency is based on where your taxes are paid, not what school you attend
3. Saco Resident not able to make the minimum requirements
4. Saco Resident scoring/evaluated lower than the maximum amount of players/participants allowed
*Registrations will not be accepted at the evaluation. You must preregister at www.sacorec.com before and bring a copy of the receipt to the evaluations. If your child’s name is not on the sign up sheet or you do not have the receipt to prove you signed up they will not be allowed to tryout. Participation of a non-registered attendee is at the discretion of the Saco Parks and Recreation Department and will be based on the total number of remaining spots at evaluations. There will not be alternate evaluation days or times – players MUST attend their assigned time. Following evaluations, adding participants will be at the discretion of the department.
For multi-household families, residency status will be determined by the town where the primary guardian resides and the school in which the child attends.
Non-residents will not be allowed to tryout for programs that are offered in their town of residency unless they have been cut from that program. Proof of this must be supplied with registration.