SPR Summer Program 2020 Interest, Information and Updates
May 14: Summer Camp Registration Update
May 8: Updates:
1. SPR Summer Camp Enrollment Process
2. SPR Summer Camp Frequently Asked Questions
May 1: Please read the "Summer Camp Update May 1, 2020" for updated information about the season and registration plans. Thank you!
April 1, 2020
We’ve heard from many of you that you are excited to start thinking about your summer plans with Saco Parks and Recreation. We are too – summer is one of our most favorite times at SPR! Usually at this time we are in full swing with summer camp registration, but we are looking ahead to planning summer in a season that feels a little unknown at the moment.
We are taking time now to consider how COVID-19 may potentially impact our summer camps and theater academy. There are many areas to explore, from possible date changes to locations to field trips to show offerings. We know this spring has been strange and that many of us have had events and opportunities be changed as we all work together to minimize the spread of COVID-19. We can certainly relate to those difficult feelings as so many of the programs we hoped to offer this spring have been cancelled.
Our goal at the moment is to allow our customers to look forward to a time where we can reconnect and offer the programs and services you have come to expect from us. To that end, at this time, we will be offering a “summer program interest” activity. This is not enrollment, but a way to let us know that you plan to participate in the upcoming summer season with Saco Parks and Recreation. Please see below for details.
Signing Up to Receive Emails
• To sign up for our interest activity for 2020 summer programs, please use the activity options below.
• There are interest options for both K-8 summer camps and our Twin City Theater Academy.
• This is how you will continue to receive emailed updates from the department.
As spring moves forward and we are able to solidify plans for summer, we will follow up with families who have signed up for the interest-activity with concrete camp details on enrollment, dates, locations, and trip plans. We hope to have this information available early May. Please look for email information next month.
Summer Camp Rates - updated May 1, 2020
For those looking for information on rates, our anticipated fees for summer programs in 2020 are as follows:
1. Enrollment fees for both camp and theater academy: $20.00/resident; $25.00/non-resident
2. K-8 Summer Camps weekly fee: $125.00/resident;/ $135.00/non-resident
3. Twin City Theater Academy: $200.00 per week
Projected Enrollment Process - updated May 13, 2020
For those of you looking to get started on our enrollment process, here is an outline of our tentative plan:
1. K-8 Camp Enrollment will open Thursday May 14, 2020 - on this date it is open to Saco Residents registering for all 7 weeks. We will collect the enrollment fee, forms to register, and invoice for camp. Full details can be found in the "Summer Camp Update May 1, 2020" and "Enrollment Process"
2. Theater Academy: Please stay tuned for updates
3. For campers returning from 2019 season: You may request to rollover your 2019 form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. For new campers: Create an account at www.sacorec.com. Download and complete a Universal Participant Contact Form on your computer (must be typed—handwritten forms will not be accepted) - link provided on this page under Forms and Files.
5. Fee Waivers: Please find our updated application online under "Department Info"
We appreciate your support of our programs and all that everyone is doing in our community during this challenging time. For any questions, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Additional Forms and Files: