This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Sandbox Programs Feature: Sandbox Open Gym on Mondays and Wednesdays, NEW DAY Sandbox Bounce House Academy on Tuesdays, and Sandbox All Stars Sports on Thursdays!
All of these programs are parent/guardian participation. Children must be supervised at all times. Please see each activity for age restrictions and details. Because we have lowered the age of Open Gym days, parents not directly supervising their children may be asked to leave.
Preregister your child for the 2016-2017 season below!
Drop-in fees for this program are $3.00 for residents and $4.00 for non-residents.
Starting Monday 1/30/17: Sandbox Open Gym will check-in in the gymnasium with Sandbox program staff
• Check-in for Open Gym will start at 8:50am, and ends at 10:00am.
• Drop-in fees can be paid using cash, check or Sandbox Punch Passes (available for purchase at the SPR Office)
• For cash payments, exact change is expected. Making change will be limited, and we cannot accept any bills bigger than $10.00.
• No account credits will be considered for this program.
• Full payment is due each time or you will be turned away. We will not be billing for this program.
Information on 2016-2017 School Year Sandbox Program
Mondays & Wednesdays: Sandbox Open Gym, 9:00 – 10:30 AM. For ages 0 – 5 years old**
Come and play in one of the nicest gyms in Southern Maine. Let us supply the toys, balls, blocks, bikes, bouncing tent and you bring the fun!
Thursdays: Sandbox All Stars Sports , 9:30–10:30 AM. For ages 3 – 5 years old. Each Thursday we will introduce a different sport aimed at the Sandbox age group. Join us for an introduction to soccer, basketball, t-ball, track and field, kickball, red light/green light, other popular sports and games! All participants must arrive and check-in by 9:35am
5/11- Playground & Camp Games
5/25 Soccer (Last Session)
Fees for Sandbox programs: see update above. Drop-in fees are due when you check in at the program; cash or check only.
**Infants accompanying a sibling but not participating are free for Mondays and Wednesdays. The exact age may vary; if your child is developmentally able to sit and play with the toys, they are considered a paid participant for Open Gym program days (these days only)
Key Rules of the Program
- Prior to your first visit you must register your household and your children at www.sacorec.com. Please preregister for the Sandbox program below. Returning participants must pre-register each season.
- When you come in, please stop at the office to check in and pay. Drop-in fees are cash or check only.
- Check-in deadlines: For Open Gym on Monday and Wednesday, please arrive by 10:00 am. For All-Stars Sports and Bounce Academy on Thursday, please arrive by 9:45 am.
- Children MUST have socks on to participate!
- Please download and read our Sandbox Open Gym Overview and Rules flyers below prior to your first visit. We appreciate you taking the time to review this information.
Additional Forms and Files: