T-Ball, Instructional Baseball/Softball
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
SPR is now taking registrations for Spring T-ball programs through April 23, 2021. We are thrilled to offer a program this season, and look forward to the return of our T-ball program!
Start Smart T-ball for ages 3 and 4
START SMART T-BALL is a developmentally appropriate introductory baseball program for children 3 and 4 years old. The program prepares children for organized t-ball, baseball and softball in a fun non-threatening environment without the worry of competition or the fear of getting hurt. It is a parent/guardian participation program. Every child must have a partner. Siblings over 13 may also help. Because this is a partnership program, teammate requests are not taken for this division. Age appropriate equipment is used in teaching throwing, catching, batting, running and agility. It is a clinic/instruction based program with light game play as the season progresses.
Each Start Smart session will be maxed at 16 participants and will follow the same instruction. This group will meet on Saturday mornings only at Memorial Fields near Burns School; please register for the group that works best for your schedule - see activity options for times.
T-Ball Division for ages 5 and 6
There will be one T-Ball division this season with 3 training groups. Each group will be maxed at 20 players. This league is for players 5 and 6 years old. Please see practice and game times below.
Practices - Each group is assigned a practice night and time held at the Saco Community Center, and will follow the same instruction. Please register for the group that works best for your schedule. Practice schedule will be as follows:
Group A Tuesday evenings from 5:30pm - 6:15pm
Group B Tuesday evenings from 6:45pm - 7:30pm
Group C Wednesday evening from 5:30pm - 6:15pm
Games will be played on Saturdays at the Memorial Fields near Burns School. For games, at this time our plan is to divide groups evenly by those in attendance and a pick-up style game will be played within each group. When batting, each player will be given 3 swings from a coach pitched ball. If the player does not hit the ball in fair territory within the 3 swings, the ball will be placed on the hitting tee for the batter to hit. The game schedule will be as follows:
Group A 1:15PM - 2:00PM Field 1
Group B 1:15pm - 2:00pm Field 2
Group C 2:30pm - 3:15pm Field 1
Registration is open through April 23rd or as space allows. Registration is open to Saco and Dayton residents. Dayton residents please contact the SPR office at 283-3139 to register.
Start Smart T-Ball - $40.00 Residents & $45.00 for Non-Residents
T-Ball Division - $50.00 for Residents & $55.00 for Non-Residents
COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
In consideration of circumstances regarding COVID-19, we will be following all current recommendations from the state of Maine agencies for Community Sports to offer this program in a safe manner; any guidelines listed below are subject to change following state guidelines at the time of the program.
For Players, Staff and Start Smart Parents Guidelines based on current safety guidelines as of March 2021
1. Upon arrival, players & parent will report to the coach/staff for a health screening and temperature check.
2. Players and Parent will utilize hand sanitizer at the health screening station before joining the group.
3. Updated April 30, 2021: regarding masks for outdoor events, please see Youth Sports update under Additional Forms and Files.
1. This program will follow state gathering limits and any safety requirements for spectators such as masks and distancing that are in place during the time of this program. This may limit spectators. We will provide additional information as we approach the start of the program.
1. Participants should have their own gloves. We will provide all other necessary equipment. All shared equipment provided by SPR will be sanitized between practices. For those that would prefer to provide their own helmets and bats, families are responsible for monitoring use of personal equipment during practice if they are not intended to be shared.
Special note regarding Little League Registration
Participants ages 6 and over
should consult the Little League age chart to determine if they are eligible for that program. For more information, registration options, and contact info, click here for Saco Little League website
Additional Forms and Files: