SENIORity 2021- Exercise Classes
Come join us for adult exercise classes! Classes will be modified to abide by all current regulations. Participants must sign up in advance, and group sizes will be limited to 10-12 per class.
Participants will have two registration options:
1) You may purchase the entire session (i.e. Sept/Oct) at a Discounted rate of $4.00/class.
2) You may purchase individual classes at $5.00/class.
Payment for all sessions is due at registration. Account credits for missed classes will not be issued unless it is due to cancellation by SPR (i.e weather, or instructor conflict). Instructor will not be accepting cash or check payments on site, and participants must bring their own equipment!
Regular Yoga: Classes for September and October will primarily be inside at the Saco Community Center. If a nice, fall day, and space allows then the class will be held outside at the Saco Community Center. Please come prepared for either!
Yoga with Weights, Yoga Fusion & Tai Chi Chih: Classes will be held indoors at the Saco Community Center. If weather and space allows, some classes may be held outside at the Saco Community Center.
COVID-19 Prevention Practices: Please read below for the protocols required to offer these programs in a safe manner
- For Participants in Indoor Classes:
- 1. Upon arrival, please enter the Community Center through the exterior door at the front of the building that leads directly into the exercise room (door under the awning). The instructor will take attendance.
- 2. If participants do need to use the restroom, the bathroom on the 2nd floor of the Community Center will be available. The bathrooms on the main floor are reserved for our School’s Out Program and Summer Camp participants.
- For Instructors:
- 1. Instructors will use the same entrance as participants (as mentioned above).
- 2. Bathroom use is the same for instructors as outlined above.
- Equipment Procedures:
- 1. Participants must bring their own mats. Any shared equipment (i.e. yoga blocks) will be sanitized between each class. The exercise room will be cleaned and sanitized in between each use.
- 2. The exercise room doors will most likely be propped during class to help with air flow. Please dress accordingly.
- For program info, schedules and to register, please visit www.sacorec.com . The office can help with any registration and payment questions at 207-283-3139.
- We are excited to offer programs this fall and look forward to seeing many of you soon! Thank you!
Yoga Class Descriptions
- Monday & Wednesday: Gentle Yoga 10:30am-11:30am
- The overall pace of these classes will be gentle. Postures and stretches will move slowly allowing for a deeper exploration and awareness, enhancing connection with the mind, body, and spirit. Explore alignment, flexibility and strength. Deep breathing and relaxation techniques will be incorporated to aid in reaping the relaxing and rejuvenating benefits of yoga. Classes open to all levels. Class level depends on the majority of participants.
- Tuesday: Yoga Fusion- Toning & Sculpting 8:30am-9:30am
- These classes will focus on creating and exploring the inner strength of the mind, body and spirit while in the yoga postures. Holding the postures, conscious breathing, and revitalization of the mind, body, and spirit will bring more awareness within while working toward creating balance in daily life. While all yoga seeks to achieve this, this class will focus on more physical strengthening and toning. Experience this unique class while finding fun in toning & sculpting your abs, buttocks, legs, arms, etc.! Class session depends on the majority of participants.
- Friday: Yoga with Weights 8:30am-9:30am
- Combining the grace of yoga with the mindfulness of body-building adds a whole new dimension to the mind-body connection. It’s a balance of strength, flexibility, breath and alignment, just like a traditional yoga practice. Amazingly, light weights have a profound effect on the body when you come from a place of centeredness, a slow pace, and methodical movements. Please bring 1-3 pound hand-held weights. Come as you are! Any physical ability/fitness is encouraged to attend. No experience required.