SENIORity 2021- Exercise Classes
Come join us for adult exercise classes! Classes will be modified to abide by all current regulations. Participants must sign up in advance, and group sizes will be limited to 10-12 per class.
Participants will have two registration options:
1) You may purchase the entire session (i.e. July & August) at a Discounted rate of $4.00/class.
2) You may purchase individual classes at $5.00/class.
Payment for all sessions is due at registration. Account credits for missed classes will not be issued unless it is due to cancellation by SPR (i.e weather, or instructor conflict). Instructor will not be accepting cash or check payments on site, and participants must bring their own equipment!
Regular Yoga: Classes for June and July will be outdoors at the Recreation Complex at Foss Rd. Rainy day classes will be held inside at the Saco Community Center.
Pilates, Yoga with Weights & Tai Chi Chih: Classes will be held indoors at the Saco Community Center. If weather and space allows, some classes may be held outside at the Saco Community Center.
COVID-19 Prevention Practices: Please read below for the protocols required to offer these programs in a safe manner
- For Participants in Indoor Classes:
- 1. Upon arrival, please enter the Community Center through the exterior door at the front of the building that leads directly into the exercise room (door under the awning). The instructor will take attendance.
- 2. Participants will utilize hand sanitizer at the health screening station before joining the class.
- 3. Masks are required at all indoor classes.
- 4. Bathroom use will be for emergencies only. Please show up dressed and prepared for class, with your water bottles filled. If participants do need to use the restroom, the bathroom on the 2nd floor of the Community Center will be available. The bathrooms on the main floor are reserved for our School’s Out Program participants.
- For Participants in Outdoor Classes:
- 1. Upon arrival, please enter the Recreation Complex Fields at Foss Rd. The instructor will find a designated spot for the class and will take attendance.
- 2. Masks are not required as long as 6' distancing can be achieved.
- 3.If the class moves indoors because of weather, masks will be required.
- 4. The new public bathrooms in the parking lot should be open but otherwise there will be a porta-potty.
- For Instructors:
- 1. Instructors will use the same entrance as participants (as mentioned above).
- 2. Instructors will be required to wear a mask during the indoor classes.
- 4. Bathroom use is the same for instructors as outlined above.
- Equipment Procedures:
- 1. Participants must bring their own mats. Any shared equipment (i.e. yoga blocks) will be sanitized between each class. The exercise room will be cleaned and sanitized in between each use.
- 2. The exercise room doors will most likely be propped during class to help with air flow. Please dress accordingly.
- For program info, schedules and to register, please visit www.sacorec.com . The office can help with any registration and payment questions at 207-283-3139.
- We are excited to offer programs this fall and look forward to seeing many of you soon! Thank you!