SPR is now taking registrations for Fall Youth Track and Field for grades K-2 and grades 3-5. After a successful first year in 2020, we are thrilled to offer this returning program again in fall 2021!
This youth program is a great opportunity for both beginner and intermediate level participants to try events in track and field that they’ve either never experienced or have tried and would like to continue developing their skills!
Registration is open through August 20th, or as space allows
This program is an extension of the fun indoor track clinic we have offered the past few winters. In this introductory program athletes will learn the fundamentals of traditional track and field events such as sprints, middle and long distance running, hurdles, softball throw, standing long jump, and no-hand relay.
Throughout the session, athletes will have their times and event progress recorded to show their growth and personal improvement. If conditions permit, we plan to end the season with a final meet.
SPR Youth Track and Field Program Info 2021
- SPR Staff: Ryan Sommer, Sarah Musgrave, and seasonal staff
- Season Dates: Thursdays, September 9th, 2021 through October 14th, 2021
- Grades: Divisions for Grades K-2 and Grades 3-5
- Time: all divisions will meet 5:15-6:15pm
- Location: Memorial Field, located behind C.K. Burns School
- Division Max: 16 participants per division – this is a finite max
- Minimum of 8 registrations to hold program.
- Season Format:The month of September will focus on skill development with drills and small intersquad competition. We are tentatively planning to end the season with a final meet.
- Season Fee: $40.00/residents; $45.00/non-residents. Registrations received after August 20th will include a $5.00 late registration fee.
- Required Equipment: comfortable running shoes