Summer Kick-Off Community Picnic
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Come join us for our first Community Picnic to celebrate the start of summer!
This new event is a great way to spend a fun-filled, outdoor afternoon at our Recreation Complex at Foss Road. We invite families and people of all ages to join us for food, music, lawn games and more! Music will provided by local DJ's known as McD's Entertainment. The recreation staff will be grilling hot dogs and will have some snacks and candy to purchase - please feel free to bring your own picnic lunch or snacks if preferred! Robyn's Ice Cream Truck will also be making an appearance at the event. We also invite you to bring your own outdoor activity equipment (i.e. Frisbees, hula hoops etc.) We will have a few lawns games available as well.
Pre-registration is required for this event and will be limited to 300 people. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Community Picnic Information
- What: Summer Kick-Off Community Picnic
- When: Saturday, June 12th, 2021
- Time: 11:00AM-3:00PM - arrive whenever and stay as long as you like
- Theme: Summer! Wear your favorite tie-dye or Hawaiian shirts! We will also have a limited number of summer-fun kits to give away, 1 per family/group while supplies last.
- Fee: Free but preregistration is required. Please register everyone in your household who plans to attend!
- Important: per the city dog ordinance #64-11 prohibiting dogs on athletic fields, we are unable to have dogs at this event.
Covid-19 Prevention Protocols
- We will be following all current recommendations from the state of Maine agencies for group gatherings and special events; information is subject to change following state guidelines at the time of the event.
- Upon arrival, all attendees will check in with staff to confirm their registration. Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in.
Additional Forms and Files: