SPR is excited to bring back this popular program for our youngest participants: Sandbox Open Gym!
Join Saco Parks and Recreation this fall for the return of Sandbox Open Gym! Come and play in one of the nicest gyms in Southern Maine. Let us supply the toys, balls, blocks, bikes, bounce house, and you bring the fun!
Sandbox Program Details
• Who: children ages 0-5 (not in school) accompanied by a parent/guardian
• Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting Tuesday, October 12th, 2021. Sandbox programs are closed on holidays and school vacation days
• Time: 10:30am-12:00pm; check-in starts right at 10:30am
• Where: Saco Community Center Gymnasium
• SPR Staff: Nicole Sanderson and Jen Hicks
NEW FORMAT! Prepay for sessions!
• This year, participants will pre-pay for sessions online at www.sacorec.com
• Prepaid Session Cost: $5.00 per visit
• Preregistration is completed through your household account under your child's name.
• Payment for any/all sessions you will attend is due to reserve your spot. Each session has a max of 20 participants. Account credits for missed sessions will not be issued unless it is due to a cancellation by SPR. Instructors will not be accepting cash or check payments on site.
Parent Participation Program
Sandbox programs are required parent participation. SPR Staff in this program are here to assist with check-in, questions, and managing equipment and cleaning/sanitization processes. It is expected that parents will always supervise their children when in the program, and help their child follow the rules. We ask that parents please do not take phone calls during the program or ask staff to watch their child, even for short periods. We appreciate your understanding.
COVID-19 Prevention Protocols
The following protocols have been developed for safety and consideration of COVID-19 prevention. Any guidelines listed below are subject to change following state guidelines at the time of the event:
1. Participants and parents will utilize hand sanitizer at check-in before joining the program.
2. Masks are required at all times for participants ages 2 and up, parents, and staff.
3. We have partnered with the City of Saco Facilities Department to develop our cleaning and sanitization process. Additional information is available upon request and here is an overview of some of the major points: Any shared toys or equipment will be cleaned and sanitized after use. During the program, we will have a receptacle for toys if a child were to put the toy in their mouth or cough/sneeze on the item. Bikes and tricycles will be disinfected between uses. Bounce houses will be disinfected between sessions. The air filtration system in the gymnasium includes a UV-light purifier.
4. For this year, we ask that parents please do not bring food or snacks. Water is permitted.
5. Lastly, we ask that participants please do not attend the program if you or your child is sick.