Saco Parks & Recreation Dept
Skip to nav
Afterschool Eco-Art Workshops with Ann Thompson
SPR is excited to offer a NEW Eco-Arts Program to School's Out participants in Grades 3-5 for Fall 2021!
About the Instructor and Fall Workshop: Ann Thompson is a studio metalsmith who began Bike Part ArtME several years ago to pass on her maker skills to the next generation. Using simple hand tools, children can explore making sculptures and toys from recycled and sustainable materials. Creations can be enhanced with paint and printmaking techniques. Ann is a Teaching Artist on the Maine Arts Commission Roster and presents workshops for all ages and abilities through community events at Museums and Art Centers. Check out her Bike Part Art Blog at: Bike Part Art (bikepartartme.blogspot.com)
- Class Dates: Tuesdays, November 9th-December 21st; no session November 23rd.
- Class Times: Afterschool until 5:30pm
- Class Fee: $100/student. This includes the full 6 week session and all supplies!
- Who: Open to students in 3rd-5th grade who are enrolled in our School's Out Program located at C.K. Burns School. Students will be dismissed from school on Tuesdays and check in with our After School program before heading to the Art Class as a group. When the Art Class is over for the day, the students will return to the After School program for check-out.
- Class Size: minimum 4; maximum 8
- After School enrollment: Registration for the corresponding session dates of Tuesday After the Bell is included and will be processed by the SPR Main Office.
- Attendance: If your child needs to miss one of the workshop sessions, please follow the same call-out policy as our After School Program, and notify our office by 1:00pm that day either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 283-3139 x801.